About the job
NextPax is a rapidly growing Travel Tech company and we are seeking highly motivated and results-driven individuals to join our Development team in the APAC area.
The main goals of this position are to further develop the NextPax platform and products from a backend perspective. This is done in PHP and can be used in various systems within the NextPax ecosystem, web apis, tooling and more. You are part of a team that is constantly innovating and creating global products that are used at scale.
- Responsible for the “behind the scenes” of our web applications.
- Works on databases, web servers, and scripting.
- Supports the development and maintenance of the back-end of our platform.
- Maintains an understanding of current web technologies and programming practices.
- Properly tests own code and reviews code from other developers within the same team..
- Liaise with product manager, developers on product improvements, documentation and testing.
- Delivers code on agreed schedules and deadlines.
- Work in collaboration with internal stakeholders and training/workshop
What you will bring
- Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience with PHP, Laravel and web APIs.
- Fluent English skills both written and spoken
- Strong Working knowledge of APIs, ability to interpret JSON and XML data, mysql operations and or other database storage systems.
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Solution oriented and result driven
- Ability to multi-task and flexible attitude
- Strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Proactive, flexible and capable of working independently as well as working in a MultiCultural team
- Based in the APAC area
You will be part of a team of professionals with short communication lines. The Back-end developer will report to the Senior Technical Project Manager sitting in the Netherlands (EMEA). Working for NextPax means working on projects and features for all major online travel companies like Booking.com, Airbnb, Tiket.com, Trip.com, Google, Marriott, Expedia, Vrbo and so on.
- Full-time job (40 hours a week);
- A salary tailored to your qualities;
- International work environment;
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities;
- Great industry;
- Fantastic colleagues.
About NextPax B.V.
The company was founded in 2006 by Erik Engel when he himself was dealing with the complexity and associated cost of connecting his online booking website to property managers. Erik began his work from a small attic focusing primarily on VR, and was directly joined by the current CTO Robert van der Mast, to write the first lines of code. Since then, the company has seen rapid growth to become a leading channel manager specializing in providing seamless, two-way connections between property management systems and distribution channels worldwide.
Over the years, we’ve been able to work with some of the largest property management systems in the world, which provided our team with a wealth of experience. We’ve come to understand, from an inside perspective, the competitive demand of the market, and the subsequent need for enhanced automation and conversion.
If you have this profile and can see yourselves in this role, we are looking forward to heari