About the job
Helping accommodation managers/owners and distribution channels generate more bookings by connecting them to our growing network. Providing advanced channel management solutions with a unique focus on service and personalisation.
Travel Technology is constantly evolving and so are we! Our people invest time and energy in broadening our horizons and knowledge, to the best of our abilities. We have the courage to take risks and to challenge the status quo every day. We are not afraid to make mistakes, as long as we learn fast and always strive to be a better version of ourselves.
We work as a team – across cultures, time zones and departments. Winning together is important and together we share the challenge.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Succeed Together: We work as a team – across cultures, time zones, and departments. Winning together is important and together we share the challenge.
- Think Partner First: We obsess about adding value for our partners and colleagues – to make travel technology easier for everyone. We solve industry-wide problems by putting the partner at the center of everything we do.
- Be Bold: We have the courage to take risks and to challenge the status quo every day. We are not afraid to make mistakes, as long as we learn fast and always strive to be a better version of ourselves.
- Learn Forever: Travel Technology is constantly evolving and so are we! Our people invest time and energy in broadening our horizons and knowledge, to the best of our abilities. We launch fast and iterate.
- Own It: We own our own success – deliver on our promises and make well-informed decisions. We are decisive and accountable for our work and the solutions provided. We start independently and explore opportunities for growth.
NextPax is looking for an ambitious Product Owner. As a Product Owner, you will contribute to NextPax becoming the channel manager which provides top notch services for our worldwide clients via a broad range of connectivity solutions and products. You have earned your spurs as Product Owner and you are able to stand for the quality and development of your product on the basis of a clear vision. You understand that our customers depend on connectivity solutions (APIs) irrespective of how and when they want to connect to us. You strive for having the best connection, most reliable and error free API integrations.
In daily close collaboration with your product team(s) and business representatives, you are continuously working on designing, developing, and implementing improvements driven by fact-based (customer) insights. The goal is creating the desired value and outcomes for our clients and API connections. Together with the Senior Product Owner, you lead the end-to-end product lifecycle of NextPax’s platform APIs. You also ensure that successful propositions are implemented and secured in the operational processes of NextPax.
You focus on continuous improvement of our channels, as well as of the customer journey process, so NextPax can help the customer to fulfill their business needs.
Who are you?
You are an enthusiastic and proactive professional who gets energy from working on concrete and tangible results. You like doing that with a multidisciplinary team(s) and jointly taking responsibility for realizing the purpose of your team(s). At the same time, you find it important that everyone has their own responsibility and that you can apply your own expertise to the end result. Customer centricity is your primary driver. In short, you take the initiative and operate independently, but you also attach equal importance to cooperation and the joint achievement of the objectives. You are driven to continually develop and / or broaden your own expertise. You are an example and stimulator of our NextPax wow factor.
- You have a master’s degree (preferably with focus on IT, Business Administration, Tourism or Hospitality Industry.
- You have at least three years of professional experience as a Product owner / Product manager of a product (area) and worked with development teams.
- You have experience in developing a long term, value adding vision and roadmap for your product (area).
- You have affinity with APIs, experience in working with IT engineers, and in translating customer needs into tasks for IT development.
- You translate qualitative insights into relevant and impactful propositions and improvements, this enables you to connect with different disciplines within NextPax.
- You are analytically strong and can structure complex problems. Furthermore, your analysis gives a clear view on potential for improvement and out-of-the-box thinking becomes natural to you.
- You have tangible experience with API products, services and/or process improvement (LEAN thinking).
- You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals.
- You are enthusiastic and a real team player to whom stakeholders’ management comes naturally.
- Hands-on experience in agile delivery methodology is a plus.
- Hands-on experience working in the travel technology industry is a plus.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- You are based in the Netherlands.
What we Offer
You will be part of a team of professionals with short communication lines. The team is responsible for maintenance, expansion and innovating of current API connectivity solutions. Working for NextPax means working closely with technical and commercial teams of all major online travel agents like Booking.com, Airbnb, Google, Marriott, Expedia, Vrbo and so on.
- Full-time job (36/40 hours per week) with the option to work partly from home.
- International working environment.
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities.
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experiences.
- 25 days off (vacation)
- Laptop provided, 2nd monitor / screen etc.
About NextPax B.V.
The company was founded in 2006 by Erik Engel when he himself was dealing with the complexity and associated cost of connecting his online booking website to property managers. Erik began his work from a small attic focusing primarily on VR, and was directly joined by the current CTO Robert van der Mast, to write the first lines of code. Since then, the company has seen rapid growth to become a leading channel manager specialising in providing seamless, two-way connections between property management systems and distribution channels worldwide.
Over the years, we’ve been able to work with some of the largest property management systems in the world, which provided our team with a wealth of experience. We’ve come to understand, from an inside perspective, the competitive demand of the market, and the subsequent need for enhanced automation and conversion.
If you have this profile and can see yourselves in this role, we are looking forward to hearing from you.
Any questions? Please feel free to write to firstname.lastname@example.org