Data analyst (APAC)
Data Analysts are the drivers of how data is leveraged in solving business problems within their area. They are able to use their experience to consult with stakeholders in problem-definition, setting success metrics and shaping the way forward through data insights and effective communication with their audience.
Data Analysts are able to manage stakeholders largely autonomously (seeking for help in complex scenarios) based on their experience by prioritizing business impact, efficiently adapting to business needs, and managing expectations accordingly. They can use their deep practical understanding of the data, workflows, methods and tooling to autonomously drive analysis and reporting within their scope. They can adapt their tooling and approach based on business and user needs.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the NextPax Data & Analytics team, based out of APAC, but covering the global scope of Data & Analytics within NextPax. The successful candidate will be responsible for a combination of building data elements and data workflows, building product dashboards, and providing data insights to the commercial stakeholders. The person will be a dynamic and flexible partner to our stakeholders – able to build and maintain meaningful and insightful reports that will help steer the business and facilitate decision-making, as well as take the lead on projects as needed
- Works independently on data collection and preparation.
- Uses their past experience and seeks for help in complex scenarios to translate business problems into data stories
- Maintains and drives key reports, metrics and workflows running within their scope
- Is able to communicate results and outcomes clearly to stakeholders based on their knowledge and experience.
- Communicates effectively, collaboratively and challenges constructively to create rapport and establish trust
- Actively participates in business and/or analytics team activities and suggests ways of achieving objectives (standup, planning meeting, retrospectives)
- Networks and proactively connects with craft peers beyond the team scope
- Uses previous knowledge and experience on data analysis and visualization to answer business questions in the most efficient way
- Is aware and has experience working in an agile IT environment, process and results interpretation
- Is aware of statistical models used within their scope
- Collaborates and is open to giving and receiving feedback with peers and direct stakeholders.
- Is flexible in adopting and proposing new approaches and expanding their technical competencies when a more efficient way presents itself
- Expected to get significant deep knowledge about the operational, tactical and strategic workings of the department. Has a main focus on business and technical opportunities
- Supports the technical development of other team members on data & analytics.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge and experience with Python
- Knowledge of the Travel Industry’s key distribution/performance terms to be able to define KPI’s and targets.
- Expert in handling raw data and understanding data validation techniques
- Knowledge and experience using data analysis and visualization tools (e.g.: superset, Google DataStudio)
- Knowledge of a version control system like Git
- Experience with building or maintaining data pipelines and related tools
- Command-line experience a plus
- Experience with Spark is a plus
- Competitive salary
- The position is based on working from home.
- Working in a fast-paced industry with an international team
- MacBook or laptop of your choice
- Career development opportunities
Are you interested in working at NextPax? Qualified candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter explaining why you fit this position and include your salary history. Resumes with generic cover letters will not be considered and will not receive a response. PLEASE: CALLS OF OUTSOURCING FIRMS, CONSULTANTS OR RECRUITERS ARE NOT APPRECIATED.